|Sydney, Full Time, Insurance
|Vacancy Listing Dates 7/11/2019 to 5/12/2019
Please Quote Reference Number 74298
Experienced Property Facultative Underwriter
5+ years International facultative property reinsurance exp.
Join the team at Hannover Re in Sydney
As a global reinsurer, Hannover Re assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 3,300 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
We are currently looking for a Property Facultative Underwriter to join our P&C Australian Branch.
To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate:
The Underwriter role is primarily responsible for the profitable development of the Facultative Property business in the Australian Branch. You are also required to provide support in other classes of business as required.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications highly regarded
- Full familiarity with Hannover Re IT System, quotation tools and aggregate monitoring procedure
- International facultative property reinsurance experience of at least 5 years irrespective of qualifications
- Marketing experience
- Good market knowledge
- Underwriting experience in particular of property/engineering business
- Excellent command of the English language
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to travel
- Team player
- Ability to work in a small team
These tasks include:
If you want to experience how things are done in the team of Hannover Re in Sydney, Australia, start planning your next career step with us and join us on a permanent full-time basis commencing at the earliest possible date.
- Marketing and Underwriting of all Property Facultative business
- Determining strategies, tactics and growth areas for Engineering and Property business and client coordination with the D&F strategy and the Australian Branch Treaty team
- Meeting the gross written premium and loss ratio targets for Property business by regular monitoring of performance against the business plan
- Registration and administration of the contracts
- Support credit control and accounting reports
- Regular review and monitoring of the claims
- Provide internal and external training
- Provide technical service for Treaty clients, HO and other branches
- Attend technical conferences and technical training in line with the business objectives and business plan
- Actively promoting Hannover Re
- Regular reporting to the Head of P&C
APPLY NOW and fill in the online application form.
|Please Quote Reference Number 74298