|Cammeray, Lane Cove and North Sydney, Full Time, Hospitality
|Vacancy Listing Dates 7/11/2019 to 5/12/2019
Please Quote Reference Number 74306
Competitive Remuneration - $57,800
Join North Sydney Leagues Club - Multiple Locations
North Sydney Leagues Club Ltd, incorporating Norths, The Greens North Sydney, Seagulls, and The Alcott, are clubs which have evolved into sophisticated and innovative hospitality and entertainment venues.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking dedicated Commis Chefs on a full-time basis to join our opening team in our brand-new state of the art kitchens for multiple venues: Norths, The Greens North Sydney and The Alcott.
We are looking for that exceptional someone who will have a passion in delivering high quality food to our diners and who will be able to work in a fast-paced and team-orientated work environment.
You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting a variety of high quality dishes for restaurant and function trade under the direction and guidance of the Executive Chef and other senior chefs, ensuring that stock rotation is efficiently managed, maintaining clean and orderly work spaces, and monitoring portion and quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
To be successful you must have:
- Preparing food as required, using appropriate cooking equipment and technology and using appropriate methods of cookery following standard recipes.
- Receiving, storing, maintaining and rotating kitchen supplies
- Maintaining proper portion control to keep food costs in line.
- Ensuring quality control at all times and that catering requirements are met.
- Adhering to the cleaning schedule and required level of presentation and storage.
- Driving increased customer satisfaction levels in catering.
- Working with management to ensure all issues and challenges raised by the member, guest or team are effectively resolved or escalated as appropriate.
- Roster's flexibility within reason is required to meet business demands.
- Maintaining food safety while carrying out food handling activities and comply with hygienic work practices and appropriate WHS guidelines.
- Flexibility within reason is required to meet business demands.
- Contributing to a strong team by maintaining a harmonious and mutually beneficial working relationship with staff, management and customers in a pressured environment
- Understanding all relevant Work Health & Safety (WH&S) legislation and implementing as appropriate
- Maintaining food safety while carrying out food handling activities as well as complying with hygienic work practices and appropriate WH&S guidelines.
- Ensuring that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Food Standards Australia / New Zealand is understood and complied with
- Substantial experience as a Commis Chef
- Experience in large scale catering environment, operating in a similar professional environment, whilst consistently achieving high standards of operational compliance
- Experience in stock control, hygiene, and safety awareness
- Knowledge of butchery, vegetarian dishes and healthy heart food
- Knowledge of all general kitchen activities and equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment use and maintenance
- Passion for exceptional food delivery and service
- Manual Handling Lifting techniques
- Computer proficiency
If the above sounds like you, and you would like the opportunity to work within a highly reputable company and brand, please APPLY resume now!
- Opportunities for career development in the company and within a professional, successful, stable and well-respected expanding group
- Discounts at all Venues
- Competitive rates of pay on offer ($57,800)
- Good work / life balance
- On the job training and development plus access to an Academy of learning
- Great team environment
|Please Quote Reference Number 74306