|Mechanical Engineering Draftsman
|Parkhurst, Full Time, Engineering
|Vacancy Listing Dates 24/06/2020 to 22/07/2020
Please Quote Reference Number 76180
Experienced Mechanical Engineering Draftsman
Salary - $100,000 - $110,000
Join the team at JA Engineering in Parkhurst
JA Engineering (Australia) Pty Ltd are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Draftsman to join our team based in Parkhurst.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have an AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma or at least 5 years of related skilled employment.
You will also need to have the following skills and attributes:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Solid Edge or similar ED modelling software;
- Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing staff;
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities;
- Able to work within strict deadlines and project scopes.
- Be a great problem solver and make decisions quickly;
- Have a strong grasp of mathematical concepts as well as attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Prepare all product and component drawings, schematics and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of the Certified Mechanical Engineer, using CAD equipment;
- Support the engineering team in South Africa and Australia with all design aspects of the machines and underground mining components;
- Give direction and advise on new or refurbished mechanical components for products, such as mechanical machinery or equipment, and measuring instruments;
- Supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and equipment;
- Undertaking and directing site tests;
- Evaluate equipment drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function, using engineering skills;
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings;
- Modify and revise engineering to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems;
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign codes/numbers to the materials;
- Estimate cost factors, including labour and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, and installation;
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for plant manuals;
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
This is a full time role working 38 hours per week. A salary package between $100,000 - $110,000 will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Maintain a high level of standard and quality in line with the company's ISO standards and procedures;
- Coordinate with and consult other workers on site and customers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and resolve design or other problems;
- Assist in jobs and ongoing company projects to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary;
- Mechanical product design and development using computer aided design;
- Maintain Engineering database.
APPLY NOW through our online application form.
|Please Quote Reference Number 76180