|King Island, Tasmania, Full Time, Agricultural Technician
|Vacancy Listing Dates 22/11/2021 to 20/12/2021
Please Quote Reference Number 83471
Position based on King Island
Remuneration - $75,000 - $80,000
Established in 1994, TRT Pastoral Group and Holdings have steadily grown in line with the success of our operations. King Island TRT Pastoral Group produces the highest quality Angus Beef.
TRT are offering an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join their team in the role as Agricultural Technician.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have a relevant AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant post qualification employment experience.
You will need to possess a strong desire to learn, show excellent work ethic and have a passion for the beef industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
A remuneration package between $75,000 - $80,000 will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Advise improved farming techniques and management;
- Analyse beef produce to set and maintain standards of quality;
- Arrange the supply of drugs, vaccines and other chemicals for use on farms and provide advice on their use;
- Assist in developing new methods of farming to achieve optimum land usage;
- Collect and collate beef data for research and planning purposes;
- Examine topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies;
- Identify pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to livestock and assist in devising methods of control;
- Inspect livestock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae, fodder and / or grazing paddocks;
- Low stress stock handling, livestock processing, drafting and animal husbandry;
- Plan mustering, slaughtering etc and other aspects of beef production processes;
- Plan, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
If you think you have the skills and experience we're looking for, APPLY NOW and fill in the online application form.
|Please Quote Reference Number 83471